Hello, thanks for visiting!
I am a native Japanese speaker who is living in London and working as an English-Japanese translator/Japanese contents writer.
-Japanese translation (professional translation from English to Japanese)
-Japanese content writing
Specialized in art, history, culture, and lifestyle.
*When you send me an inquiry about the service, please include some description of your company and the project.
More details about my services are below.
Education and work experience
Oct 2015-Present: Freelance translator/proofreader/a game LQA tester.
• Translated English to Japanese for web localization, interviews, books, transcreative texts, copies (business, commerce, web software, history, entertainment)
• Proofread and edited the translated Japanese texts for website articles, documents, emails etc.
• Conducted a game LQA test for smartphone games
Jan 2014 – Present: Freelance Japanese content writer. Moved to the UK in 2014.
April 2011 – November 2013: Art magazine editor – Seikatsu no Tomo Co. (a publishing company for art magazines in Japan)
• Conducted many interviews and created articles for monthly art magazines
2007 – 2011: Bachelor of Aesthetics and Art History / Tokyo University of the Arts
About my services
-Professional translation (English to Japanese)
Quality translation means much more than translating words from language to another language, it should have a flow and include adaptation to local culture and manners to attract people in the targeted language.
My translation work is to make the most natural translation for Japanese readers and to make it suitable for Japanese culture/society.
I am also happy to be flexible about clients requirements such as a literal translation, a free translation or creative, or the mixture of those.
I generally do translation only from English into Japanese (my native language) in order to keep the professional quality of the work. I don’t do the other way around unless it is the casual and simple one like Email or documents for private or internal use.
I have proofread various Japanese texts including website articles, blog posts and books.
For translated texts, I can compare it with the original English and make sure that translation doesn’t have any error in grammar, use of words, generic writing rules (or specific rules a client provides) as well as that it has a proper manner, tone and expression that are suitable for Japanese culture and the purpose of the text.
-Japanese contents writing
I have a lot of experience in Japanese contents writing for interviews, event reviews, news articles, and blog posts. I can provide creative and informative articles based on the legitimate resource.
I can also help you with research to find resource or information in Japanese.
• Natural translation to make it suitable for Japanese readers
• Strong research skill for the topic I engage with
• Great knowledge of grammar, rules, and tones that meets the professional standard in the media industry and business culture in Japan
• Creative translation/copy for natural and attractive marketing
• Punctual – always meet the deadline
• Responsive and communicative
• Flexible to fit the clients’ requirements and requests
• Problem solving attitudes
• Microsoft office (Word, Excel. Powerpoint), Google doc and spreadsheet
• CAT tools
Projects I have worked for
– Nikkei BP (biggest economic magazine in Japan) London branch. Translated a lot of interview articles about business/corpotration/industry matters in Europe (e.g, interview with CEO of car makers or manufacturing companies) example
– Big cybersecurity brand – proofreader for localization of their official website. My work includes service and product descriptions, blog articles (with some SEO elements), press releases, and marketing emails.
– Femtech event review article for Japanese web magazine about women’s healthcare
– Books about ancient Egyptian culture website
– Plarium (game developer) – LQA tester/translator/proofreader for a MMO game
– Other personal/commercial websites (general contents, culture, user manuals, etc.)
You can also see my work of Japanese contents writing for websites and magazines here.
Having been working with many clients in the long term.
Looking forward to working with you!